Tuesday 29 March 2011

Weddings, Parties and the like.

When I was a kid, I loved parties. They were also such great fine. Children's parties do tend to be a lot of fun, I find.
Certainly the ones I went to were terrific fun. The food was also delicious. There were great games too, like pass the parcel and musical chairs and others just like them. Those were the days.
Then something happened. I grew up.
Since then, the parties I have been to have not be very much fun. In fact, they have in some cases been no fun at all.
Oh, they are okay if they are held at the birthday person's house, but usually they are held at a restaurant or hotel or something, and there is just nothing to do at those places. They wouldn't be quite so bad if more people approached me but for the most part I am left alone and as I never have much to say, it bores me (nearly) to tears. If only they would have games or something at those parties or wedding receptions or whatever.
Another bone of contention with me is that the birthday or wedding cake takes ages to come, so that by the time it does I have had quite enough. I'll admit there is dancing at some of these events, but one can only do so much dancing.
Now there is a family reunion on my mother's side coming up. I was going to go until I found out it's at a bowling club. I am sure to have a terrible time if I go.
Therefore, I will not go to this reunion. Not unless there is a way out if I get bored. I may well be the only family member missing but I don't care, I don't want to go. Instead, I shall do my own thing. I don't know what I shall do as yet, I may go to the old time dance or catch some live entertainment in a pub or find someone I can visit. Or maybe I shall just stay home.

UPDATE: I've just been talking to my cousin. She talked me into taking my ipod and ipod dock, so it looks like I shall go after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment